Thursday, January 10, 2013

31 Days, 31 Reasons to be Thankful: January 10: Jewelry

Jewelry. Seems like a no-brainer, right? For me, at least, jewelry is central to my existence (as it stands right now). I have managed to build a lovely little business all around jewelry: old jewelry, new jewelry, upcycled jewelry, and so on.

Some custom bridal bracelets I made...vintage earrings reborn for a beautiful bride's big day.
I am, admittedly, a girly girl. I wear rhinestones with yoga pants on a regular basis. My "private collection" requires a separate piece of furniture that rivals must bureaus. I love, love, love jewelry.
My own personal treasure chest
I have been fortunate enough to have inherited some really amazing pieces from my grandmother, which have become the most cherished pieces of my whole collection. Whenever I want to feel close to her (or when I just want to be especially stylish), I reach into my stash and inevitably find the perfect bauble.
A sneak peek at my "private collection" of goodies!
I hold many beautiful treasures: the first ring my first boyfriend ever gave me, my high school and college rings, a gorgeous antique silver heart charm bracelet, a few strands of perfect (real) pearls...these beauties definitely make me happy when skies are gray.

I would love to hear about your treasures bits and baubles! A cherished ring? Invaluable cameo earrings? The perfect tiny silver necklace? We'd like to find out!

"At a flea market I always head for the junk jewelry table first." -Ethel Merman

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!