Wednesday, January 23, 2013

31 Days, 31 Reasons to be Thankful: January 23: My Slow Cooker

Don't get me wrong, I actually do like to cook.

Some days, though, just aren't suitable for making full meals. Enter: my Crock-Pot.

This baby is a true vintage piece. It's a Rival CrockPot with a hunter green crock and a chic vegetable motif on the metal heater surround (similar to the one above).

Last night, it was filled with yummy homemade chili. That wasn't a miracle...I put it there. Nevertheless, I was pleasantly surprised when I returned home from a meeting to the sweet smell of a cooked dinner.

The real lesson? It's nice to have dinner prepared for you, even if you are the you who prepared it (did you get all that?).

Do you love your slow cooker? What's your favorite recipe?

"Show me another pleasure like dinner which comes every day and lasts an hour."
 -Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!