Friday, January 4, 2013

31 Days, 31 Reasons to be Thankful: January 4: Nature

Let me put this out there first: I am NOT an "outdoors" kind of girl. I am allergic to almost everything, I usually manage to trip, fall, scrape my elbow, or otherwise end up itchy or injured.

Despite that, I do actually have a deep appreciation for all things natural. Nothing brings me joy like a huge field of wildflowers, a towering redwood tree, or a delicate baby deer. In the summertime, there are few things I enjoy more than a cool glass of white wine while I sit on my beautiful patio, overlooking my prized irises and a sunset view that is second to none. In the winter, I enjoy an amazingly serene winter wonderland for the last few miles of my home to work commute. Huge frosty trees, wide open farm fields, and abundant wildlife make my drive seem similar to a story book fantasy.

One of my favorite places to visit and vacation is Nova Scotia, followed closely by pretty much anywhere in New England. The weather is perfect for someone like me (crisp, cool, and not nearly as many allergens), allowing me the opportunity to comfortably walk along the beach and hike in the woods all in the same visit. I love scouring the beaches of New Hampshire for what I call "curly" shells; you know, the ones that are perfectly spiraled and look amazing in a jar (or 10) around the house.

Today, I invite you to take the opportunity to pause, look around, and take in all of the beautiful wonders hiding out there in plain sight!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!