Monday, January 7, 2013

31 Days, 31 Reasons to be Thankful : January 7: Humor

Oh, there are just so many things to say about this. Humor is one of the pinnacles of my existence. To put it simply: I love to laugh. A lot. All the time. I think this is one of the reasons I love my job (my "real" job as a speech language pathologist) so much: no one is funnier than an elementary school student.

My sense of humor is simple, silly, and sometimes (ok...a lot of times) inappropriate. Yes folks, I am a 32 year old professional woman and I will fall out of my seat laughing at a fart joke. Playing pranks? Count me in. Hilarious photo opportunities? Call me Annie Leibovitz. As a matter of fact, I have a few videos that, to this day, bring me to my knees with tears of hysterical laughter.

Just one example of something that makes me laugh out loud
Humor is such a wonderful part of life. It gets us through good times as well as bad. In times of extreme sorrow, I think the heart and mind instinctively search for memories of happy times: we as humans WANT to laugh.

Someone asked me what traits were important to me in a mate, and immediately my response was, "he has to be silly." If I don't get a chance to laugh every day, then hit the road, Jack. The same goes for my friends...so all of you Debbie Downers can consider this a warning.

"Humor is mankind's greatest blessing.-Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!