Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Fantastic 14: Day 6: Miss Mustard Seed


milk paint

Oh, how overjoyed I was when I came across this amazingly beautiful site. Miss Mustard Seed's blog is an impressive collection of vintage, new, DIY, home, and life experiences.  

According to the page's About section, "Mustard Seed Interiors LLC is a small business that was born out of a love for antiques, decorating on a budget, and giving old pieces of furniture new life. While the primary focus of the retail business is painted and refinished furniture, MSI also carries upholstered pieces, found objects, vintage-inspired painted signs and handmade accessories for the home." All I know is that I wish I lived closer to this little slice of heaven!

miss mustard seed

Meet Marian, the "real life" gal behind the Miss Mustard Seed brand. She is truly a wonder: wife, mother, blogger, decorator, and creator are just a few of the many hats she wears. Take a peek at her impressive list of tasks, and you'll quickly realize that this is one girl you want to keep your eye on.

Need to fancy up your bedroom? Check. 
miss mustard seed bedroom

Bored with the floor? Miss Mustard Seed has your back.
DIY hardwood floor

Do you just need some inspiration and a few good laughs? This is the answer!
country living, homegoods

As if all of that wasn't enough (you can pause here for a sip of coffee if you're exhausted...), 
Marian (Miss Mustard Seed herself) is also a freelance contributor for 
HGTV.com, Countryliving.com, and Cottages and Bungalows Magazine.

Oh, and one more thing:

milk paint
Are you familiar with it? If not, you simply MUST take a look. 
Here's my two cents: this is a magic potion to make anything you own perfectly antiquey-finshed, expertly chippy, and overall loved. I want to cover every surface of my furniture with it. I would probably consider it for my car...but I don't think Subaru would recommend it.
(nor would Miss Mustard Seed).

In short, I am in love and I'm sure you will be too. 

Please make sure to follow Miss Mustard Seed's blog and check her out on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, and Twitter. Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. I love her style and all her fabulous ideas...makes me want to do it all! Love that shade of green on the dresser. Thanks for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!