Thursday, January 2, 2014

31 Days, 31 Questions about Weddings...Help Me Please! Day 2: The Bridesmaid Dresses

Day 2 Question:

How long before my wedding date should we order the bridesmaid dresses?
This beautiful photo was found via pinterest by Elizabeth Anne Designs
Photo found on Pinterest via Elizabeth Anne Designs
You would think I'd know the answer to this one since I've been in a total of 9 weddings, 3 of which I had the joy of serving as the Maid of Honor. Sadly, though, all of those memories flew right out of my head, and now I don't know when to start!

7 comments:

  1. How about renting the dresses. I did this and it was perfect, got just what I would have picked to purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a question to ask your dress salon. Some take longer depending on the maker and also if you need special colors and/or alterations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a question to ask your dress salon. Some take longer depending on the maker and also if you need special colors and/or alterations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ask this lady, she is a whiz at making exactly what you are looking for and the bridesmaids love them b/c they can be used again and again. https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheRadicalThreadCo?ref=ss_profile
    She will know the best time to tell you and then all the pressure is off of you and onto her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter was told by MB Bride in Greensburg, Pa to order 6 months before the wedding date. That allows plenty of time for alterations, etc. I highly recommend them. They were super to work with and the seamstresses were top-notch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are having a June 7th wedding and we are being told that we need to order the dresses by the end of January. My daughter picked the dress with the bridesmaids and all they have to do is get fitted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pic of pastel dresses !

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!