Sunday, January 13, 2019

A peek into the bel monili workshop


          

Every January, I like to take the time to really clear out my workspace 
and get some fresh inspiration for the new year.
This year, as I was moving through my space, I thought I'd share some photos of a few of my favorite areas within my space.

www.belmonili.com












As you can see, I really love color!
I keep my beads organized by color, hanging where I can see them every day.

Working with vintage jewelry, I often come across pieces that I love but don't want to take apart for jewelry making. I like to make little vignettes that bring me joy when I see them, like this one with a tiny gold "E" (for Evelyn, my sweet daughter).
www.belmonili.com

www.belmonili.com
One of my favorite things to collect are tiny little figural pottery in rainbow pastel shades.
I have a lovely little collection that includes a dog, birds, a swan, some flowers, and even a unicorn!


For charms, I like to keep them organized in tiny see-through drawers.
www.belmonili.com

My flowers are organized by size and color, in see through bins so that I can easily see what I have (AND also to get continual inspiration). 
www.belmonili.com

 I also organize/sort my vintage cluster earrings by colors, making my life MUCH easier when it comes time to create!
 www.belmonili.com

A few months back, my sweet husband installed some pegboards on my walls.
On one of them, I installed my beads (see earlier pic). 
On the other, I created a little shipping station where I have all of my supplies to ship out my jewelry creations.
www.belmonili.com

A basket corraling all of my cards/mailing inserts has proven to be quote helpful when it comes time to shipping: no more searching around for cards!

My workpace is small, probably about 10x10 with a closet that is full of my husband's hockey card collection. One of my most favorite things about this house is this tiny little space that is full of color and light. I'd love to see your spaces and what inspires you to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!