Sunday, March 1, 2015

It's March, and I'm Getting Married in April. How did THAT happen?!

Well, as the old saying goes, 
"Time flies when you're having fun."
I must be having a ball, because we just turned the calendar 
and discovered that our wedding is a mere 6 weeks away!

Yesterday my dear friends and bridesmaids hostessed an amazing "Breakfast at Tiffanys" themed bridal shower for me. I am a wordsmith, however, the proper vocabulary escapes me when I attempt to convey the joy and love I felt.
Photo via Leigh Anne of Airheads Balloon Art
We had an amazing brunch spread at Roman Bistro in Forest Hills, PA 
(if you are anywhere in this area, I can't recommend this establishment highly enough), 
played some games, then sat down to open gifts.

As I looked around the room at all of those familiar smiling faces, I felt myself become overwhelmed with joy and love. I stopped to thank everyone for attending and became tearful when I said that this is the first time that I have had (almost) everyone I love in the same place. 
That was something I never expected, 
but it gave me even more reason to look forward to the upcoming wedding.

I hope that this day is joyful for you, 
and I can't wait to share the exciting things that are soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!