Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9: Jenelle O'Malley, Sleepy Hollow Craft Company


This past December, I had the distinct honor of participating in Bazaar Bizarre in Cleveland, OH. I was blown away by everything; the space was incredible, the crowd was huge, and the artists were fantastic. I am a natural-born shopper (hey, that's kind of how bel monili was born!), so it's no surprise that, as soon as I had a free minute, I ran out to check out the other artists. Each booth I saw was more interesting and beautiful than the last, and then I rounded the corner and found myself face-to-face with Sleepy Hollow Craft Company. It was as though someone had taken all of my very favorites (colors, objects, shapes...everything) and put it all together into one stunning, gorgeous, fun, funky display. I am quite sure I stood speechless for at least a minute, trying to take it all in. On my first time around, I snagged an adorable green felt baby deer pin. Thank goodness I went back, because on my second lap I scored a stunning collage-style handmade brooch.
Sleepy Hollow Craft Company at Bazaar Bizarre in Cleveland, OH 2011
Jenelle found her way upstairs and visited me as well, then her fantastic husband came along and purchased a necklace for her (unbelievably syrupy-sweet!). I don't know what it was, but I felt an instant connection to Jenelle. Her style, her color combinations, her choices of material...I have never seen anything like it. Since that time, we have become "facebook friends" and have shared business opportunities with each other. Now all I need to do is convince her to do more shows in Pittsburgh!
another fantastic Sleepy Hollow Craft Company setup
Jenelle is a self-taught artist/crafter living in Canton, Ohio with her husband, Matthew and their cat, Stanley. Jenelle creates in her spare time~ but makes a point to do something creative at least once a day~ whether it is actually making something or posting on her blog, Sleepy Hollow Craft Company. Jenelle has always been interested in the arts and was encouraged by her mom to be "crafty" from a young age. She has a studio in her home and spends lots and lots of time in there, listening to her favorite music and making the biggest-most fun- messes ever! Jenelle also has a passion for everything old, as most vintage-inspired crafters do. She and her husband frequent garage sales, flea markets, antique malls and trash bins...any place good "junk" can be found. She uses a lot of these "found" elements in her artwork~ she loves making something old new again. Jenelle also has a passion for everything vintage holiday, her favorites being Halloween and Christmas. On her blog, Jenelle discusses crafting, decorating in flea market style, and vintage seasonal collectibles.
Adorable! Baby deer headband by Sleepy Hollow Craft Company
Make sure to visit Jenelle's Etsy page, follow her blog, like her page on Facebook, and follow her on Flickr so that you can have the chance to snag one of her gorgeous goodies for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!