Tuesday, January 1, 2013

31 Days, 31 Reasons to be Thankful! January 1: Family

Welcome to 2013! I am thrilled to be ringing in the new year with a new series: 31 Days, 31 Reasons to be Thankful. Some may say that the season for giving thanks has passed, but I think that the arrival of the new year is the perfect time to reflect, count your blessings, and prepare to take your life's bounty and move confidently into the future.

Today, I take the time to honor my #1 reason to be thankful: my family. I am honored to be a part of a quirky, loving, sarcastic, slightly dysfunctional yet fully supportive and overall amazing family. As I write this, I am enjoying the final day of my trip to Florida, where I came to visit and spend New Year's with my brother. We laughed until we cried and cracked sarcastic jokes for 4 days straight, making this one of my most favorite times of the year. Yesterday, my mom text messaged me a picture of her television screen showing the score of the Pittsburgh Steelers game: a MAJOR technological feat for her and her special way of saying that she was thinking of us. The day before I left for Florida, my stepmother called me to wish me a good trip because she remembers everything and never lets an event, appointment, and even the smallest milestone go unacknowledged.
 
My dear Bubbie, although she passed in June 2011, continues to play an influential role in my life and my business. I often laugh when I think of what she'd say in certain situations...and most times that is what guides me to the right decision. Bubbie always said that she was my #1 fan, and since she has been gone my Aunt Patti has taken over that role and become my best business "partner" and friend. Aunt Patti has been with me for some of my biggest bel monili moments, including flying all the way to Texas for my first Country Living Fair, hopping behind my table to help me at NOCC's TEALtini, and coming armed with Starbucks and comfortable shoes at Handmade Arcade.


Sure, there were times when my family has had issues. We're more Bundy's than Cleaver's...but that's what I love and there's nothing in the world that I would rather have.
As I move into 2013, I am so thankful for the wonderful times I have had with my family and for the memories we will create in the coming months.

Today my wish for all of you is that you can take a moment to reflect on YOUR family and share your favorite moments in the comments below...good, bad, or otherwise hilarious. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. nice post...i have told you before, you really are blessed in this area....to have people behind you pushing you to be better and being happy when you succeed is a valued treasure.
    and i do beleive that your bubbie is with us at every show...her infulence shows in all you do. !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanne! I agree, Bubbie is always with us :) She would have LOVED Country Living!

      Delete

We love to hear from you!