Wednesday, January 2, 2013

31 Days, 31 Reasons to be Thankful! January 2: Home

Home Sweet Home. There's no place like it, so someone once said. For me, nothing could ring truer.

For the past 7 years, I have been the proud owner of roughly 750 square feet of cozy, eclectic, inviting happiness.  I purchased this (my first) home, a one bedroom condo, back in 2006 when I was in graduate school. I had rented many apartments up until that point, and the one day it hit me: I can OWN a place for less than I am paying in rent! Not long after that little breakthrough, I was the proud owner of my very first home at the tender young age of 25.

Since that time, my home has truly been where my heart is. Over the past 7 years, my little corner of the world has seen infinite beads, thousands of pieces of jewelry, hundreds of meals and drinks on the patio, several new coats of paint, a couple of "roommates", and one brand new kitchen. My friends and I have spent countless hours lounging and laughing at our pool, and the list of jokes and funny secrets could go on forever.

Each spring, I wait with bated breath for the arrival of my beloved irises: gorgeous blooms of violet and saffron so full and healthy that some reach all the way to my waist!

I began my business here, and with the help of friends and family I've seen it grow exponentially since it's humble beginnings in the summer of 2010. My work space is warm, colorful, and organized. In the spring of 2011, my living room was filled with fabric, laughter, and love when 4 of my closest (male!) friends spent the evening with me to prepare 1,000 of my signature flower pins to ship out to L.A. for the 38th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards. It's one of many defining moments that has taken place here in the comfort of my space.

I invite you to share your sentiments of home here, for there is truth in the old adage, "Home is where the heart is!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!