Sunday, January 13, 2013

31 Days, 31 Reasons to be Thankful: January 13: Leftovers

Is this one too simple? Sorry...it's true. Few things bring as much joy as finding some delicious leftovers when it's time for me to begin my dinner preparations.

It's not just the joy of food that does not need to be prepared: it's the memory of what was most likely an enjoyable visit with a friend or loved one (at least, for me it is). When I open my fridge and I see that little silver or foam box, I am reminded of the precious time spent enjoying the company of another. Sure, it's fantastic that I don't have to cook, but the memory of laughs shared brings a smile to my face all the same.

At the basic level, though, I'm just really glad I don't have to cook for at least another day. Thanks friends!

What do YOU do with your leftovers?

"Leftovers in their less visible form are called memories. Stored in the refrigerator of the mind and the cupboard of the heart." -Thomas Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!