Saturday, January 3, 2015

31 Days, 31 Ways to Bring Joy: Day 3: Pictures

For me, there is an unbelievable amount of joy stored in the thin colorful scraps of paper that are my family pictures. Those quirky, somewhat faded images bring me right back to moments where my grandmother held me tight, my grandfather planted strawberries, or my mother hostessed a 4th birthday party.
Bubbie (my grandmother) and I, probably around 1981
Recently, my dear Aunt Patti (who is also my Godmother) started going through her likely huge collection of family memorabilia which includes (but is not limited to):
pictures, greeting cards, invitations, some of my earliest craft work, and much more.
Sometimes she'll take pictures on her phone and text them to me. 
Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I cry, but I always feel joy.
I'd date this to the late 1980s...that's my Grandfather (Jeddie), Grandmother (Bubbie), myself, and my brother in front of my grandparents' home.
Today I invite you to take a look around and find some pictures that bring you joy and think about who you might be able to share that joy with. Would your brother just love to see that old picture where you dressed him up as a child? Do you think your dad might enjoy seeing that time he tried to cook a turkey but forgot to defrost it? Think about it...joy is a click and a quick memory away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!