Sunday, September 9, 2012

NOCC Walk 2012

photo taken by the I Made It Market, balloons by Airheads Balloon Art
What an AMAZING day. Today was the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC) Pittsburgh Chapter's 12th annual Walk to Break the Silence, and it was an unbelievable event as always. Thousands of people showed up in support of mothers, grandmothers, sisters, aunts, friends, and all of the men and women whose lives have been affected by ovarian cancer.
my Bubbie
As many of you know, I lost my dear Bubbie to ovarian cancer in June 2011. She was my best friend, and the loss has been almost unbearable, but on days like today I know that she will always be with me. Bubbie always used to say that she was my "#1 fan", and it is the absolute truth.
the bel monili booth was busy from the moment the day started!
I had the opportunity yet again to set up my tent and sell my wares at this walk, with proceeds going to support the NOCC Pittsburgh Chapter. It brings great joy to my heart to see all of the amazing people who raise money for the cause, and I absolutely love hearing all of their inspiring stories.
bel monili items ready for sale!
On days like these, I am thankful that my artistic talents are able to help such a worthy cause. I thank everyone who visited me today, those who walked, and those who take the time each and every day to help to improve the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!