I LOVE MY JOB
I have never, ever had a day when I woke up and thought, "ugh, I DON'T want to go to work today." That right there is worth all the money in the world.
Nothing brings joy and light into my world quite like my students do. They are hilarious, hands down. I try to keep a mental list of some of the things they say and do. For today's post, here are a few of my favorite "teacher moments"; these are the little rays of sunshine that make my day so much brighter.
Things I never thought I'd ever have to say out loud:
- "Don't show your poop to anyone. That is your business."
- "We don't lick each other."
- "Mommy's underwear stays at home. She does not like when you bring her private things to school."
- "We do not put our feet on other people's lunches."
- "You must stay in your space; Johnny (name substituted) can't eat his lunch when you're sitting on him."
Do you have funny children in your life? What brings you joy?
"Those who educate children well are more to be honored than they who produce them; for these only gave them life, those the art of living well." -Aristotle